15th European Week of Regions and Cities – 09 / 12 Oct, Brussels10 November 2017
French city Lyon rewarded with 2018 Access City Award for putting accessibility at the heart of its city life18 December 2017
The European Commission is launching a Call for applications to select 15 European cities with strong will to change and unreleased potential, to receive hands-on first-class policy advice, coaching and support to transform their cities through digitalisation and industrial modernisation.
The challenge is aimed at local public organisations that are either responsible for or involved in the funding and/or implementation of a policy or programme of a city related to digital transformation and industrial modernisation. This refers to local authorities or their representative public agency. Only one application may be submitted per city.
Participants will receive a set of hands-on, tailor-made advisory services throughout the course of the 14-18 month programme, including:
- Tailored advice and support from high-level experts who will be familiar with your city, its current challenges and future ambitions
- Access to tools allowing you to develop a clear understanding of what stage of digital maturity your city can currently claim and where you should be aiming to be
- Access to unique and innovative training and capacity building sessions for key staff and representatives of your city
- Dialogue with other cities in Europe who have embarked or are in the process of embarking on the same challenge, in order to exchange ideas, experiences and best practices
- Access to European networks and platforms
At the end of the challenge, your city will have:
- Developed a strategy and action plan to move towards digital transformation. This will include tangible, achievable and measurable steps to be taken in the short, medium and long term
- Built a community of local stakeholders willing to engage in the digital transformation process
- Gained exposure at a European level and established itself as a beacon for the transformative power of digitalisation
- Built a network of European peers and partners able to offer mutual support and advice in the future